My work is about ecological and evolutionary processes involved in adaptation and diversification. I focus on spatially structured populations, and on how changes in spatial structures affect these processes. I aim to model the ecological and evolutionary processes at large time scales to better understand biodiversity patterns and dynamics. I mainly use theoretical models with various methods (e.g. quantitative genetics, adaptive dynamics, individual-based simulations). Projects I'm currently working on are for example:
- How do archipelago dynamics (island ontogeny and sea level fluctuations) influence island biodiversity patterns?
- How does the evolution of specialization during adaptive radiation shape macroevolutionary dynamics?
- Which responses to climate change are expected under non-random dispersal in a fragmented landscape? (PhD project of Félix Pellerin)
- How will the geographical distribution of trees predicted under climate warming change if we take into account evolutionary adaptation ?
For almost all articles, you can use the HAL link to access the full text without journal subscription.
- Rijsdijk, K. F., S. Buijs, R. Quartau, R. Aguilée, S. J. Norder, S. P. Ávila, S. M. Teixeira de Medeiros, J. C. Carreiro Nunes, R. B. Elias, C. S. Melo, P. Stocchi, S. Shinneman, E. F. M. Koene, A. C. Seijmonsbergen, W. M. de Boer and P. A. V. Borges. 2020. Recent geospatial dynamics of Terceira (Azores, Portugal) and the theoretical implications for the biogeography of active volcanic islands. Front Biogeogr. 12: e45003. [Journal] [HAL]
- Pellerin, F., J. Cote, E. Bestion and R. Aguilée. 2019. Matching habitat choice promotes species persistence under climate change. Oikos. 128: 221-234. [Journal] [HAL]
- Aguilée°, R., F. Gascuel°, A. Lambert^ and R. Ferriere^. 2018. Clade diversification dynamics and the biotic and abiotic controls of speciation and extinction rates. Nat Commun. 9: 3013. ° and ^: equal contributions. [Journal] [HAL]
- Aguilée, R., G. Raoul, F. Rousset and O. Ronce. 2016. Pollen dispersal slows geographical range shift and accelerates ecological niche shift under climate change. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 113: E5741-E5748. [Journal] [HAL]
- Gascuel, F., R. Ferrière, R. Aguilée and A. Lambert. 2015. How ecology and landscape dynamics shape phylogenetic trees. Syst Biol.. 64: 590-607. [Journal] [HAL]
- Aguilée, R., P. de Villemereuil and J.-M. Guillon. 2015. Dispersal evolution and resource matching in a spatially and temporally variable environment. J Theor Biol. 370: 184-196. [Journal] [HAL]
- Warren, B. H., D. Simberloff, R. E. Ricklefs, R. Aguilée, F. L. Condamine, D. Gravel, H. Morlon, N. Mouquet, J. Rosindell, J. Casquet, E. Conti, J. Cornuault, J. M. Fernández‐Palacios, T. Hengl, S. J. Norder, K. F. Rijsdijk, I. Sanmartín, D. Strasberg, K. A. Triantis, L. M. Valente, R. J. Whittaker, R. G. Gillespie, B. C. Emerson and C. Thébaud. 2015. Islands as model systems in ecology and evolution: prospects fifty years after MacArthur‐Wilson. Ecol Lett. 18: 200-217. [Journal] [HAL]
- Aguilée, R., D. Claessen and A. Lambert. 2013. Adaptive radiation driven by the interplay of eco-evolutionary and landscape dynamics. Evolution. 67: 1291-1306. [Journal] [HAL]
- Aguilée, R., F. H. Shaw, F. Rousset, R. G. Shaw and O. Ronce. 2013. How does pollen versus seed dispersal affect niche evolution? Evolution. 67: 792-805. [Journal] [HAL]
- Martin, G., R. Aguilée, J. Ramsayer, O. Kaltz and O. Ronce. 2013. The probability of evolutionary rescue: towards a quantitative comparison between theory and evolution experiments. Philos T Roy Soc B. 368: 20120088. [Journal] [HAL]
- Aguilée, R., A. Lambert and D. Claessen. 2011. Ecological speciation in dynamic landscapes. J Evol Biol. 24: 2663-2677. [Journal] [HAL]
- Aguilée, R., B. de Becdelièvre, A. Lambert and D. Claessen. 2011. Under which conditions is character displacement a likely outcome of secondary contact? J Biol Dyn. 5: 135-146. [Journal] [HAL]
- Aguilée, R., D. Claessen and A. Lambert. 2009. Allele fixation in a dynamic metapopulation: founder effects vs refuge effects. Theor Popul Biol. 76: 105-117. [Journal] [HAL]
- Härdling, R., T. Gosden and R. Aguilée. 2008. Male mating constraints affect mutual mate choice: prudent male courting and sperm limited females. Am Nat. 172: 259-271. [Journal] [HAL]
Citations as monitored by GoogleScholar